- What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When purchasing or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, or other details to help you with your experience.
- When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or enter information on our site.
- How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To send periodic emails and/or text messages regarding your purchases or other products and services.
• To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries)
- How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places a bid, purchases, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Do we use 'cookies'?
• Help remember and process your purchases.
• Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled. It may affect your experience including tools that make our site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
- Third-party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Third-party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- Behavioral Remarketing
• Google Ads
• Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
• You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
• Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
• For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
• Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
• You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/ads/settings
• To opt-out from Facebook's interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
• Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
• For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We use third-party services for payment processing (e.g., payment processors).
- California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
• Users can visit our site anonymously.
• Users are able to change their personal information:
• By contacting a representative at TriStar Auction Group
• Or by Logging into their auction account and editing their information.
- How does our site handle "do not track" signals?
We honor "do not track" signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
If you enable "do not track", some features will be disabled. It may affect the user's experience that makes your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
- Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personally Identifiable Information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- California Shine the Light Law
Subject to certain limitations, California residents may ask us to provide them with (1) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding year, and (2) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us through the Contacting Us section below. For such requests, indicate "California Shine the Light Request" in the communication with our office.
- California Residents, California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), California Consumer Privacy Action Notice (CCPA Notice)
Pursuant to the CCPA, we are providing this CCPA Notice. This CCPA Notice applies solely to California consumers, effective January 1, 2020. Terms used but not defined shall have the same meaning ascribed to them in the CCPA. This CCPA Notice does not apply to personal information that we collect from job applicants, contractors, or employees.
• You have the Right to Non-Discrimination. We do not and will not deny goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services because you exercised your rights under the CCPA. If you refuse to provide your personal information to us or ask us to delete it, and that personal information is necessary for us to provide you with goods or services, we may not be able to complete the transaction.
- Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
• We will notify the users via email within 1 business day that we are notified.
• We will notify the users via in-site notification within 1 business day that we are notified.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
- CAN-SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Process purchases and to send information and updates pertaining to purchases.
• We may also send you additional information related to your purchases and/or our services.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email, and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
- Legal Disclosure of Data
• Disclosure for Law Enforcement
- Under certain circumstances, TriStar Auction Group may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
- Legal Requirements
o TriStar Auction Group may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
o To comply with a legal obligation
o To protect and defend the rights or property of TriStar Auction Group
o To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
o To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
o To protect against legal liability.
- Contacting Us
TriStar Auction Group
PO Box 2368
Lebanon, TN 37088